Thursday, June 4, 2009

Yeah for Craigslist

My husband and I have been looking to buy a baby gate to keep our little girl out of the fireplace, but have been resistant at spending $140 for one. I randomly checked craigslist the other day and found the exact one we wanted for $65! I went today to pick it up and it's in amazing condition and she even printed off an instruction manual for me. Side note: she was super nice. It was a bit of a drive, but ended up only being 15 minutes out of my way while I was running errands today.
If you haven't bought second-hand before, I would encourage you to give it a try. It's not all that disgusting as some people think. Most things clean up well if you have the right tool (ex. some good bleach works on a lot of things) and others you can find from people who have the same cleanliness standard as you. Plus, it saves you money, especially if you know how to barter and deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment