Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Free Babysitting

After watching my friends kids the other day, I realized that I save a lot of money, and gain sanity, by swapping babysitting with other moms. They watch my girl one time and I watch their kid(s) one time. I am lucky to have family near by that will watch her for free, but not everyone gets that. It's expensive to get a babysitter ($30-60/evening). And then imagine throwing another $50 on top of that for a date with your spouse. We all love our children, but time away is a necessity. :)

If you have kids, next time you plan an evening out see if your friend or neighbor will swap with you. Or, if they don't have kids see if they'll swap something else with you (dinner, cleaning, fixing something, etc.). You'd be surprised how many people out their are willing to barter for things.

No comments:

Post a Comment