Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Popsicle Dreams

Since it was a blistering 85 degrees yesterday (I live in Seattle, 75 is hot....), I decided to make some popsicles. I had a little bit of vanilla yogurt left over and mixed it with some frozen rasberries I had. I added a little bit of sugar and froze them in popsicle molds. It yielded about 8 popsicles and took 5 minutes of my time.
Now to put a price on that. It was about 25 cents worth of yogurt, 2 cents worth of sugar, and I got the rasberries for free. 8 popsicles for 27 cents! If you were to go to the store and buy good fruit popsicles (I'm not talking about the flavored/colored water popsicles) they would cost you $5 for a box of 6. Even if you added the price for buying fruit to the batch I made, the total cost would only be around $2 or $3. Depending on how much you, or your kids, eat popsicles you could end up saving quite a bit and they taste better! Plus, you don't have to run to the store everytime you run out and your kid is whinning for more.
I'm eating one right now, and it's yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment