Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Barter, Barter, Barter

I am not the queen of bartering, but have started to dip my toes into it's water. My latest barter was a hair cut. I got a trim from a friend and in return I will be doing something for her. She hasn't decided what she wants, but I gave her some options (cleaning, weeding, a lesson in canning, etc.).

Even though it costs me time, it's so worth it! I don't have to have a job to get the things that I want. I just need to find someone willing to trade me for something I already have for something I want. I know of a couple that got a boat from a guy who just wanted the trim done in his house. They took two days, put in trim in his house and walked away with a boat. Then there's that guy who started with a paperclip and got a house.......I'll have to interview him someday for his bartering tips. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment