Monday, November 7, 2011

Making those credit card miles work!

Today I realized that I had unused credit card miles that could have gone toward a flight purchase I made a few weeks ago. My bill is not due yet, so I just went online and redeemed a $100 voucher with my "miles" and voila! my credit card bill is $100 less. I saved $100 by using a credit card. (You won't hear me say that very often.)

We got out of the habit of using credit cards for everyday purchases several years ago, but I love earning free money. We ALWAYS pay our monthly balance and so we really do get free money. With good credit, finding a card that gives you amazing perks is not too hard. Just make sure that you are responsible and disciplined enough to only put on what you need. We strictly put big purchases and reoccurring bills only on our cards. That way we don't ever get surprised by the balance. They are all calculated purchases.

I hesitated posting this because of how easy it is to get out of control with a credit card (believe me, we know). However, I think it's good to see how you can really make your money work for you. Just be careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment