Monday, July 27, 2009

Garage Sales

I stopped at a few garage sales this last Saturday and found some finds. I got 5 articles of winter clothing for my daughter for $4, two folding chairs for $2, 3 books for $0.75, and a toy for my daughter for $0.25. For a grand total of $7. I would have had to spend about $40-50 if I had bought the items brand new. Everything was in excellent shape as well!

On top of finding good things. I also encourage you all to barter! The winter clothes asking price was $7. All I did was say "will you take $4 for all of this," and the guy didn't hesitate in saying "yes." It was that simple! If you think something is over priced, just give an offer to the person. Figure out what it's worth to you and how much you are willing to pay for it. Don't go over that and don't be afraid to walk away empty handed as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment