Thursday, October 13, 2011

Messy Eater

My youngest is a really messy eater. And to make things worse her neck is so skinny none of the waterproof bibs completely cover her neck. All of her shirts have a brown haze on their necklines. Instead of buying new clothes, or new bibs, I got creative and made these:
It's a strip of t-shirt (knit) material, sewn to form a tube, with a snap as the enclosure. I got the material for free from my mother's sewing stash (thank you mom) and the snaps were $1.50 for all of them. So for a little over $1.50, calculating in the small amount of thread I used, I made 20 of these. Plenty to last me in between washes and she no longer gets her shirt dirty! You could also use old t-shirts if you don't have a mother with over flowing fabric piles and could even make them long so that they tie on instead of snap. That way it really could be completely free.

[My girl sporting her new look at breakfast this morning.]

No comments:

Post a Comment